Monday, August 10, 2009

Linda Gillum's Summer off the Stage



After a busy season of acting, directing, teaching, speech consulting and casting, I'm taking a break this summer. Heroes and Les Liaisons Dangereuses were cast by the end of May and The Island will be cast by the end of August. I took at trip to Minnesota with Guy (photo of us at Cascade Falls near Lake Superior) where we camped for three days (including a 7.7 mile hike and seeing a fresh bear print near our campsite when we returned).

We then drove an hour inland to my sister's cabin where we met her and my parents. Lots of fishing, food and relaxation. Then on to St. Paul where my nephew flew in and I treated everyone to a performance of Cirque du Soleil (my friend Jim Slonina is in their travelling show KOOZA). Jim and his wife Robin took us all backstage for a tour which was a highlight. Spending many of my summer days painting my apartment and redecorating as well as playing beach volleyball. Trying to hide my facial sunburn when going in on commercial auditions! Happy summer to everyone.

No comments: